HOW DO I GET ON THE BETA SERVER?
- The Beta launcher is used to access the server.
- If you don’t already have the Beta launcher, you can directly download it here. (There may be a lot of data for you to download, so please be patient and plan accordingly!)
- Be sure to run the Beta server LaunchPad shortcut every time before you log in. Not doing so may cause you to experience crashes or gameplay issues that could be fixed by patching.
I KEEP GETTING A 1017 ERROR. HOW DO I FIX THAT?
- What time is it? If between 5:00 a.m. and 7:00 a.m. PT, please wait until after 7:00 a.m. to update your client. We run an automated update every morning that pushes out the latest version to Beta.
- If it's not during our update time, make sure that you've updated your Beta client and that in LaunchPad, it's still pointed to the "Beta" version.
HOW DO I COPY MY CHARACTER ONTO BETA?
- Run /beta in your chat window on the character that you would like copied.
- We will periodically run scripts that will copy characters to the Beta server. Keep in mind that we will be running the character copies on an as-needed basis - not necessarily at regular intervals.
- Please note that it may take several days for us to copy your character.
HOW DO I GET TO BETA ZONES?
- When you get onto the Beta server, create your character and head to the Plane of Knowledge and speak to Old Man Thorren.
WHAT IS THE /betabuff COMMAND?
- We want people to be able to test the content with a variety of classes and levels. In order to give you that ability to test as much of the expansion as possible, we have created a /betabuff command.
- To beta buff, use this command on a level 1 character: /betabuff
- This command will only work if the character is level 1 created on the Beta server.
HOW CAN I LEAVE BETA FEEDBACK?
There are two methods for passing information to us about what you experience during the beta:
- /bug command in game.
- In the Beta forums after they’ve been enabled.
/bug is the quickest way to report bugs. After filling in your responses, this will open the Beta Bug Reports section of the forums where you can post and vote on bugs that you think should be looked at first. Bugs are gameplay features that do not work, spelling errors, or anything else that just isn't working as intended. Please give us as much detail about the bug as you can when reporting it.
Additionally, you can also leave feedback, ask questions, or discuss topics on our Beta boards which can be accessed through the forums. This space should be used to discuss parts of the expansion that work properly, but that you would like to see changed. If you discover an item that you think should have less Wisdom and more Intelligence, use the forums. If you think a certain encounter is too easy or too hard, use the forums.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- Beta installs into a separate folder that takes about the same space as your live game version.
- The Beta server may not always be accessible as patching will occur whenever it is necessary.
- The Beta server will be wiped periodically, meaning beta characters may be deleted with or without notice.
- If you find yourself in dire need of aid, you can use /petition to contact us for help. Please only petition if the situation is one that you cannot correct yourself. For example, if you used /betabuff to create a character and you have lost the corpse, there is no need to /petition. You can just log out, create a new character and use the /betabuff command again.
- There is no Non-Disclosure Agreement specifically for Beta sessions. We'd still prefer though that you keep related discussions in the Beta Forums so that we can keep track of and find information more easily.