What will be the name of the Time Locked Progression Server?
- The Time Locked Progression Server will be named Fippy Darkpaw, as chosen by the community.
When will the Time Locked Progression Server open?
- Currently we are targeting Tuesday February 15, 2011 for the opening of Fippy Darkpaw.
What rule set will the Time Locked Progression Server use?
- The Time The Time Locked Progression Server will use the normal PvE rule set.
What sort of items and content will and will not be available at launch on Fippy?
- For the Fippy Darkpaw Server we have done our absolute best to remove items which would give an inappropriate or undue advantage such as Defiant Armor or certain tradeskill related items. Generally the items that you will find should be items that came with the expansion currently available or were unlocked during that expansion. Augments created specifically for progression servers will be available.
Will there be Hotzones or Hotzone drops??
- Hotzones and Hotzone items will not be available on Fippy at release
How about Marketplace items, will Mounts be available?
- In addition to restrictions on items initially available within the game, Marketplace, Loyalty, and Claim items have been similarly addressed. If an item or buff offers stats, it will probably not be offered from any of those methods until a later date. Mounts will not be available until Legacy of Ykesha is unlocked or later, depending on the mount.
How will tradeskills work on Fippy Darkpaw?
- We have made efforts to limit tradeskills to the expansion when the recipe actually came out. Potion making and jewelry making have had the old recipes enabled, and these will stay this way until the Prophecy of Ro expansion is unlocked. Similarly the new poisons will not be activated until around Underfoot. The exception is spell research where we will not reverse it to the older method. Instead, we have limited recipes for the appropriate expansion and made ingredients for research available in more zones..
How will progression work on Fippy Darkpaw?
- As with the previous progression servers, players will need to defeat certain challenges to unlock newer expansions. Once these challenges have been defeated there will be a grace period where the server will stay in the current expansion. After the grace period, players will be able to vote through an in game poll to unlock the next expansion. The voting period will be one week.
Initially the grace period will be 90 days before voting will start for Kunark, then 60 days for each expansion after that. At some point we will even have a vote to see if players wish to change that grace period.
If the majority of players vote to unlock the next expansion, the next expansion will unlock at the end of the poll. If the majority of players voted to stay with the current expansion, then there will be a one week grace period before another poll will be posted. This will happen until a majority players vote to unlock the next expansion.
Will there be limits on who can vote?
- Voting for progression will be limited to those on Fippy Darkpaw and above a certain level. The exact cut off level is yet to be determined; however we are currently thinking somewhere around 30.
Will maps work on Fippy Darkpaw? How about other windows that have been added since launch like the expanded target window?
- Yes, the map window will be functional on Fippy. Most other windows will be tied to the expansion they released with.
What will experience gain be like on Fippy?
- Experience gain will be substantially scaled back on Fippy Darkpaw. Hell levels will not be added back in and the current experience curve will be in place, however the experience earning rate will be reduced.
What will the revamped zones look like on Fippy Darkpaw? When will zones that weren't tied to a specific expansion be added?
- Zones which have had their graphics updated will stay with the new look and feel. If a zone was added between expansions, efforts have been made to assign them to the expansion they launched after. Most zones which have had level changes (such as the Temple of Cazic Thule) will be reverted to their old level ranges.
Will the manastone or other items that have been removed from the game be available on Fippy?
- Some items which no longer drop in the current game will be available starting in the second month on Fippy Darkpaw. These items will be available for a limited time. Good luck in your hunting!
Will there be server-wide messaging upon the defeat of progression related targets?
- Yes, we plan to have server-wide messaging when a progression target is defeated for the first time.
Will the tutorial be available for players on Fippy Darkpaw?
- No, the tutorial will not be available.
What races and classes will be available at launch?
- All races and classes initially available at the launch of EverQuest will be available at the launch of Fippy Darkpaw. Class choices which have been added to these races (such as Halfling Rangers) will be available. Classes (such as Beastlord and Berserker) and Races (such as Vah Shir, Iksar, and Drakkin) not available with the launch of EverQuest will not be available until the expansion in which they were added is enabled.
Can we use marketplace items to change our race on Fippy Darkpaw?
- Yes these items will be available, however please note that the Race and City will need to be available in the current expansion that Fippy is experiencing or the change will result in an error message
Will out of combat mana regen be enabled? Will your items stay on your corpse when you die?
- Enhanced out of combat mana regeneration rates will be disabled on Fippy Darkpaw. At launch items will not stay on your corpses when you die, however we will be putting this up for a vote in the near future.
Will the /melody command be available on Fippy Darkpaw?
- Yes, /melody will indeed be available.
Will Monk fists use the original fist damage table or the new enhanced version?
- Monks fists will use the new damage tables for unarmed damage.
How about ShadowKnight Harm Touch? Will it do damage using original values or those currently on the live servers?
- Harm Touch will be identical to the current live servers.
What time will Fippy Darkpaw open?
- Our current target for opening Fippy Darkpaw is between 10:00 a.m. PST and Noon Pacific.