The EverQuest team will be launching Quarm, a special event server, in July! This server is scheduled to launch on Wednesday, July 13, 2016 at noon PDT.
We’ll have a beta test for Quarm that will open up to players THIS WEEK on (or around) Thursday, June 16, 2016.
Each period of time the Quarm event server is open will be called an “Event,” followed by the Roman numeral for which Event it is (for example, “Event I”). Each Event on Quarm will have different goals for players to accomplish. Players can earn special rewards by completing Quarm server goals before the end of each Event. An All Access Membership will be required to participate in the events on the Quarm server.
Why name an event server Quarm? Just like how Druzzil Ro preserves the timeline after Quarm is defeated, such is the case with the Quarm server. Once Event I on the Quarm server has run its course, characters will be moved off of the server. Our plan is for new events to be a fresh start on Quarm.
Players that earn rewards from goals during an Event will be able to claim these unique rewards on ANY server (yes, even progression servers)!
Do you and your friends have what it takes to be the FIRST raid to defeat Overlord Mata Muram? If so, you’ll earn a unique title! Even if you aren’t the first people to defeat Mata Muram, additional titles are available for completing the group progression and completing the raid progression on the Quarm server.
How Will the Quarm Server Work?
In case you missed the May 2016 Producer’s Letter, the details for Event I on the Quarm server are:
- New characters start at Level 51 with 50 AA points, wearing a full set of level-appropriate Defiant gear.
- Experience rate on Quarm is set to the same rates as other live servers.
- All expansions up to and including Omens of War are unlocked. Race / class combinations that are available in Omens of War will be available on Quarm.
- There will be no expansion unlocks past Omens of War during Event I.
- Most items are tradable, using the same tradability restrictions as the Firiona Vie server.
- True box rules apply. Multiple accounts cannot be played on the same hardware.
- The Recruit-a-Friend experience bonus is disabled to maintain a fair competitive environment.
- The server will have a finite time limit. At a minimum, it will run for 3 months, but this could be extended.
- Once the Event has ended, and all characters on Quarm will be moved to a new server. The new server will follow the standard server ruleset. There are no plans to allow transfers off of this new server.
What Are My Goals on the Quarm Server?
To earn rewards, you need to complete either the group or the raid content in Omens of War before the end of the Event.
The group goal is satisfied by completing all six small-scale trials in the Muramite Proving Grounds. The raid goal is satisfied by defeating Overlord Mata Muram in Anguish.
The group trials are offered by each of the six projections in the Muramite Proving Grounds. Each trial tests the participants' mastery of an aspect of domination and warfare that the Muramites value. Up to six players can tackle a small-scale trial together. While fewer than six is possible, it is not recommended, as these trials are challenging and require specific skills and tactics that are not often called upon in battle!
These trials are:
- The Mastery of Destruction
- The Mastery of Efficiency
- The Mastery of Fear
- The Mastery of Ingenuity
- The Mastery of Subversion
- The Mastery of Weaponry
Defeating Overlord Mata Muram may sound simple, but as those who have fought him in the past can attest, getting to him is half the battle. To challenge Mata Muram, each adventurer must individually complete Taromani's signet-seeking quest, and the raid force must collectively complete all six large-scale trials in the Muramite Proving Grounds, and then they must defeat every other target in Anguish.