What's so special about the number 17? Here's our top list of facts about everyone's favorite "least random number":
1. There are a minimum of 17 possible givens for a Sudoku puzzle with a unique solution
2. The atomic number for chlorine is 17
3. According to hacker lore, 17 is the "least random number" when choosing from 1 to 20
4. The fear of the number 17 is called "heptadecaphobia" or "heptakaidekaphobia"
5. The average of the first two perfect numbers is 17
6. There are 17 syllables in a traditional haiku, a Japanese three-line poem
7. Want to reach the police in France? Dial "17"
8. There are 17 unique species of penguin
9. Apollo 17 was the final mission of NASA's Apollo program
10. Some species of cicada live underground for 17 years before emerging
11. The coming of age for wizards in the Harry Potter universe is 17
12. Q is the 17th letter of the alphabet
13. The number 17 is considered to be unlucky in Italy
14. Pluto's orbit is highly inclined, at a 17° angle above the plane where other planets orbit
15. There are 17 steps leading up to Sherlock Holmes' house
16. The 17th President of the United States was Andrew Johnson
17. EverQuest is celebrating its 17th anniversary - a huge thanks to our community for your continued support!
Want to get in on more of the EverQuest 17th Anniversary fun? We’re streaming at 3PM Pacific on Wednesday, March 16th at twitch.tv/everquestlive, and you can even join us for our anniversary drunken gnome race!