As an experiment, we're trying something different this year. We're posting our development roadmap for 2022. As far as we know, this is the first time we’ve publicly laid out our major plans like this. Before we get to that, however, we'd like to highlight some of the things that we accomplished in 2021.
2021 was a whirlwind of a year. We celebrated our 22nd Anniversary with a special sweepstakes for a one-of-a-kind Firiona Vie statue, in addition to in-game bonuses and a new fez party hat. Later in May, we embarked on our experimental Random Loot Servers: Mischief and Thornblade. We also released the Item Compare system to allow you to more quickly compare your currently equipped items with other items. May was a busy month and we also launched new hunter achievements for our older expansions. In July, Overseer got a large update with new quests and agents. In October, we released the Membership Perks program. In November, we released the EverQuest Original Soundtrack on Black Vinyl. December saw the ship of the 28th expansion: Terror of Luclin! For those of you that participated in the expansion beta, you also got to see a pre-release candidate for our servers and clients 64-bit port.
We're excited to share our plans with you. Please remember that these are our high-level goals and expected delivery dates and do not list everything we will be doing. We will be working on other updates to the game, fixing issues, and making "quality of life" improvements (such as UI tweaks, etc.). We hope giving you a general snapshot of the roadmap that we are striving to complete this year is something you'd like to see from us moving forward; otherwise, please let us know if it's something you never want to see us do. Without further ado, here are our big plans for EverQuest 2022 and beyond!
- 2022 Roadmap:
- Community Resource Council Application Relaunch - Your chance to help advise on the future of EverQuest.
- 64-Bit Servers and Clients Release to Live Servers
- 23rd Anniversary - New quests, missions, and a new raid.
- New Content for Bristlebane's Day
- New Content for Stomple's Day
- New Classic Achievements - Adding achievements for many original quests in EverQuest's starting cities.
- New Progression Servers - Rulesets to be announced at a later date.
- Mercenary Rank Simplification - Simplify mercenaries down to the two ranks primarily in use and remove the quest line requirements for obtaining them.
- New Tempest Festival Event
- Server Merge - Merging the Phinigel and Miragul servers to Vox.
- New Scorched Skies Event
- New Overseer Achievements and Reward Improvements
- Heroic Characters Update - New Heroic Characters will start at level 100.
- 2022's Expansion Beta + Preorder
- New Content for Nights of the Dead
- Extra Life - Help us raise funds for the Children's Miracle Network.
- New Content for Feast of Giving
- 2022's Expansion Launch
- New Content for the New Year's Event
- Throughout the Year:
- Raid Zone Performance Improvements
- Class Tuning and Balancing
- Anti-Cheat Improvements
- Beyond 2022:
- New UI Engine
- New UI Engine
This is a selection of our high-level items; dates and events are subject to change. Additionally, we'll be working to improve on your overall experience.
We're keeping our SPIRITS high,
Head of Studio