Darkpaw Games is once again on a quest to play EverQuest and EverQuest II to help change kids' health and we’ve kicked off our Extra Life fundraising efforts along with our global Daybreak Games Super Team page. This year, we’re back to supporting our local Children's Miracle Network Hospital: Rady Children's Hospital – San Diego, a nonprofit, 511-bed pediatric care facility and the region’s only pediatric trauma center. With 170 hospitals in the Children's Miracle Network, each location treats thousands of kids annually, regardless of their illness, injury, or family's ability to pay.
With donations from you all, we absolutely crushed our goal last year, and we aim to do it bigger and better this year. We are even more focused on helping local kids in need this year, setting our goal even higher than ever before. And just like last year, Darkpaw Games will again kick off our fundraising with a donation of $5,000! Let's make this a great year, together. Like last year, we are introducing several in-game incentives for both EQ and EQII as we meet various collective donation milestones! More on that in a bit.
We sincerely hope you'll consider spreading the word in-game, on social media, and to family and friends. If you're able to donate, please do, every little bit helps.
Quick Guide on how to get where you need to on the Extra-Life site: https://www.everquest.com/guides/eq-el-guide
About Rady Children’s Hospital
Rady Children’s is a renowned, award-winning children's hospital based in San Diego, CA. They do remarkable work in helping children from all walks of life and regardless of medical coverage recover from serious, life-threatening diseases and conditions. Click here to read more about Rady’s efforts to help kids.
How Can I Help?
On our Extra Life page you’ll find share buttons which will automatically generate a post to put on your Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, or a page URL button to use elsewhere. Just sending out a message to your family, friends, and followers would be incredible and immensely appreciated. Please help us spread the word.
If you're able to give a donation, know that it is tax deductible and will go towards helping improve the health of thousands of children who are destined to change the future. Simply click on the "Donate" button at the top of the page to chip in.
You can also help by heading to our Extra Life page here and getting signed up to help us raise funds, or by logging into an existing account and joining our team.
Where Your Money Goes at Rady Children’s Hospital
$.50 = 1 diaper – We use 880,000 per year!
$1 = Infant-sized mask to deliver anesthesia
$1 = Pediatric blood pressure cuff
$1.10 = One baby blanket – We use these to keep our smallest patients in the neonatal and infant critical care unit warm.
$5 = Round trip transportation for a child to and from therapy – This is critical for children that have been abused or neglected.
$7 = Box of 50 child isolation masks
$7 = Digital thermometer
$10 = Medical play baby doll – Our child life specialists use these to explain procedures to young patients.
$15 = Pediatric Ambu bag
$30 = A cuddle cub – This special weighted teddy bear feels like a baby in your arms and is given to families to take home when they lose a little one.
$30 = Case of pediatric medical gowns
$100 = Red wagon – We use these to transport kids around the hospital in place of wheelchairs to make transport more fun!
$1,000 = 3D printed heart – Our surgeons use these to plan their heart surgeries and explain them to patients and their families.
Once again, we wanted to provide all players of EverQuest with collective as well as individual incentives for hitting various donation-level milestones. Donations have already begun so help spread the word and jump in today. We plan to send out occasional reminders throughout the month of October to help get the word out.
Extra Life’s Game Day is on November 4, 2023
November 6, 2023, at 10 a.m. PST, we’ll tally up where we're at for group reward donations. You can still donate to receive individual rewards through the rest of the year, though.
November 7, 2023, at 10:00 a.m. PST is when we’ll turn on the group rewards based on the total donation amount on November 6.
November 14, 2023, at 10:00 a.m. PST is when the group rewards will be turned off.
December 31, 2023, at 11:45 p.m. PST is the last day to donate to receive individual incentives.
Here’s what you can look forward to:
Group Milestone funding tier rewards
- $15,000 - 20% bonus experience gains.
- $17,500 - 40% bonus experience gains.
- $20,000 - 60% bonus experience gains and 25% more likely rare spawns.
- $22,500 - 80% bonus experience gains and 50% more likely rare spawns.
- $25,000 - 100% bonus experience gains, 75% more likely rare spawns, and 25% more loot.
- $30,000 - 120% bonus experience gains, 100% more likely rare spawns, and 50% more loot.
- $35,000 - 150% bonus experience gains, 125% more likely rare spawns, 75% more loot, and 50% increased coins.
- $40,000 - 160% bonus experience gains, 135% more likely rare spawns, 85% more loot, and 55% increased coins.
- $45,000 - 170% bonus experience gains, 145% more likely rare spawns, 95% more loot, 60% increased coins, and 50% increased alternate currency.
- $50,000 - 180% bonus experience gains, 155% more likely rare spawns, 105% more loot, 65% increased coins, and 60% increased alternate currency.
- $60,000 - 190% bonus experience gains, 165% more likely rare spawns, 115% more loot, 70% increased coins, 70% increased alternate currency, and 20% decreased collections spawn rate.
- $70,000 - 200% bonus experience gains, 175% more likely rare spawns, 125% more loot, 80% increased coins, 80% increased alternate currency, and 25% decreased collections spawn rate.
- $85,000 - 200% bonus experience gains, 185% more likely rare spawns, 135% more loot, 85% increased coins, 90% increased alternate currency, 30% decreased collections spawn rate, and 50% bonus evolving item exp.
- $100,000 - 200% bonus experience gains, 200% more likely rare spawns, 145% more loot, 90% increased coins, 100% increased alternate currency, 35% decreased collections spawn rate, and 75% bonus evolving item exp.
- Stretch Goal! $125,000 - 200% bonus experience gains, 200% more likely rare spawns, 155% more loot, 100% increased coins, 100% increased alternate currency, 40% decreased collections spawn rate, and 100% bonus evolving item exp.
Individual Donor Rewards
- $5 - Suffix Title: "the Compassionate"
- This title is available for all characters on the account where the key is consumed.
- $10 - 3 Overseer Packs
- $25 - Metamorph: Cobalt Scaled Hatchling, a Blue Baby Dragon pet or illusion for your combat pet
- $50 - Blue Tricorn Hat Ornamentation, a Tricorn hat in Extra Life Blue
- $100 - Brilliant Braxi Saddle, a Braxi mount to ride
- All higher tiered individual incentives will include incentives from previous tiers.
- $100+ = For each incentive milestone reached after donating $100, you will receive a second (third, fourth, etc.) key for each listed incentive. Example: You’ve donated $305 so you’ll receive three keys for each listed incentive, and plus one more $5 incentive for a total of four $5 incentives.
- $250 - Contract of Enchanted Armor
- $500 - One set of all the listed Individual Donation incentives
- $1,000 - Gold Tricorn Hat Ornamentation and the prefix title: "Golden Champion."
If you are a streamer and would like to inquire about participating, please contact Angeliana via private message on our official forums or in Discord. Click here if you'd like to check out the incentives for EverQuest II.
Thank you for reading about our plans for Extra Life this year, for being part of our outstanding communities, and for helping children in need with your donations. Together, we will make a difference!