Community News - October 2017
Vulak`Aerr to Fippy Darkpaw Server Merge10-17-2017
On Wednesday, October 18, 2017, characters on the Vulak`Aerr server will be merged onto Fippy Darkpaw.
In order to make the transition as smooth as possible, we have provided a short list of changes you can expect as well as a brief list of answers to some of the questions you may have. If we receive additional questions about the merging process, the FAQ section below will be updated accordingly.
Server Merge Standards:
If, as a result of this server merge two or more characters have the same name, the conflict will be resolved as follows:
- If two characters have the same name as a result of the server merge, the player that has logged in within the 60 days before the merge will retain the original character name. If there are still conflicts, the character with the higher number of minutes played will retain the original character name.
- Guilds and guild halls will remain intact after the merge.
- Real estate will merge completely onto the new server.
- Neighborhood names may change in the event of duplicate names.
- All items in banks will be transferred completely.
- Overflow items will appear within the new overflow interface after the merge.
- Items in shared banks will also appear in the overflow interface.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Will there be free character transfers off of Vulak`Aerr before the merge?
No free transfers will be made available for characters on Vulak at this time.
Since these are both Timelocked Progression Servers, what expansion content will be available after the merge?
Since Vulak is being merged onto Fippy, all content that has previously unlocked on Fippy Darkpaw will remain available. The Fippy Darkpaw server is currently contains content up to The Darkened Sea.
What will the server be named after the merge?
The server will retain the name Fippy Darkpaw.
What happens to my character name if someone else has the same name as me and gets to keep it?
If you have to change names due to a conflict, you will be granted one free rename for your character. You will not have to buy a name change potion.
If I only have 8 character slots available on my account, but after the merge I now have 12 characters on the server, what happens? How is it determined which characters I can access?
You will be able to play characters up to the total available character slots on the account. Characters are selected to fill the slots starting with the most recently logged in characters first. Characters created after the start of Free to Play (March 16, 2012) are limited to the number of slots available due to membership level and purchased slots, while created before Free to Play are always available.
Check back for additional information to be added as we prepare for the merge!